Interested in Joining?
Naval Sea Cadet Corps (NSCC)
The NSCC is the senior program of the US Naval Sea Cadet Corps. It was developed for older cadets, ages 13 through 17. The mission of the NSCC is to expose cadets to the full rigors of a military training program. NSCC prepares its cadets for whatever path they may take after high school.
Naval League Cadet Corps (NLCC)
The NLCC is the junior program of the US Naval Sea Cadet Corps program. It was developed for the younger cadets, ages 11 through 13. The mission of the NLCC is to train cadets about the seagoing military services, community service, citizenship, and an understanding of discipline and teamwork so that they are prepared for membership in the NSCC program.
How do I become a Cadet in Seal Beach Battalion or Training Ship Sea Lion?
The Process of becoming a Cadet is a simple one.
1. Make an appointment for a visit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Attend a Cadet Meeting (Drill). Parent/Guardian with potential cadet must attend together. Orientation is typically on a Saturday during drill at 10 AM.
3. Meet with the Recruiting Officer.
4. Ask any questions you might have.
5. Watch cadets at work.
6. If you are sure that you are interested. You can fill out the Application Packet ready to hand in for review. Some information required in the application packet is below
· For 14-18 years old aspiring cadets - NSCC: Unit Name: Seal Beach Battalion, Unit Code: 114
· For 11 to 14 years old aspiring cadets - NLCC: Unit Name: T.S Sea Lion, Unit Code: 114
7. Have a Physical Exam at the doctor’s office (required).
8. Turn in completed application, bring a copy of a report card, a copy of immunization record along with the required fees to our Administration Office.