REMINDER: Base Access ID cards are a priority. Please be sure that your Cadet has filled out their application.
PLAN OF THE MONTH - JULY & AUGUST 2022
The Plan of the Month is an official document of Seal Beach Battalion. Its contents reflect current orders of the Commanding Officer and official unit announcements. All personnel are responsible for reading and understanding the information contained herein. Parents and guardians of Cadets are encouraged to read the Plan of the Month and to make note of meeting days and special announcements that may affect personal schedules.
COVID-19 CHECK-IN FORM
BE SURE TO TURN IN THE FOLLOWING:
Report Cards- Please email to email@example.com
Coursework - Log into Quarterdeck to complete
FULL DAY SATURDAY DRILL - Chow will be provided by the unit with parents' donations
PLEASE FOLLOW THE NEW COVID-19 GUIDLINES FOR DRILL
PROCEDURE FOR EARLY DEPARTURE AND LATE ARRIVALS (AT BASE ONLY): THERE WILL BE ONE TIME PERIOD ALLOTTED TO EARLY DEPARTURES AND LATE ARRIVALS. IF YOU INTEND ON DEPARTING DRILL EARLY, PLEASE GATHER YOUR GEAR AND BE PREPARED TO BE ESCORTED TO THE GATE AT 1200. IF YOU INTEND ON ARRIVING LATE, PLEASE MUSTER NEAR THE SUBMARINE VETERANS MEMORIAL OUTSIDE THE MAIN GATE AND WAIT TO BE ESCORTED ONTO THE BASE. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS PROCEDURE.
1. ID RENEWAL - ALL cadets must renew their ID at least 1 month prior to its expiration. SBB Staff WILL NOT remind you. You will also be required to send in a new Physical Exam (completed by your Doctor). Beginning January 2017 any cadet who has not completed any required coursework/Recruit Training/Advance Training may not be allowed to renew their ID and may possibly be dismissed from the program.
2. ATTENDANCE - Sea Cadets who do not attend drill or other mandatory event must complete the related form with their excuse. Sea Cadets whose attendance falls below the required 75% attendance rate can and will be dismissed from the program.
3. COURSEWORK - Seal Beach Battalion cadets are required to complete the required coursework in accordance with their rank. SBB has many Recruits that need to complete their BMR & Tools and Uses. More information about your coursework can be found on our website.
4. ENROLLMENT FEES - The cost of re-enrollment is $130.00 for both SBB and TSSL. If you are coming up on your re-enrollment date, please ensure you coordinate with the Personnel Officer in the Admin Office. It is your responsibility to come forward and have it renewed. If you are ready to age up to Sea Cadets, be sure to see Seal Beach Admin. All cadets must turn in a new annual physical. This form can be picked up in the Admin Office.
5. E-MAIL – Please make sure you read and answer all required emails. If you have changed your email, please see your Personnel Officer to update.
6. REPORT CARDS – Do not forget to bring in a copy of your report cards for Admin Officer's review and possible award of the Academic Achievement Ribbon.
INST DAVID NGUYEN, NSCC, RET LTC
PARENTS PLEASE PICK UP CADETS ON TIME
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE AND RESPECTFUL TO ALL BASE PERSONNEL